Growing up in the internet age with lap-tops, mobile phones, tablets as god given rights, embracing social media for marketing your brand shouldn’t be that tough…..or should it? Well, like any other form of marketing there are no hidden secrets, you’ve got to master the art of Social Media Marketing which is no rocket science but a whole lot of fun.
What exactly is Social Media Marketing ?
Simply put, social media is nothing but websites, applications that enable users to create and share content or to participate in social networking. If you can put your brand in front of millions of people using social media “FOR FREE”, You’ve nailed it !!
Your brand & social media:
- Social media is one of the most cost-efficient platform to showcase your brand and create brand awareness using attractive info-graphic posts, videos etc. It is THE BEST way to syndicate your content and increase your visibility. Re-searching competitors and implementing the correct social media strategy will significantly increase your brand awareness and also engagement with social media users around the globe.
- Here’s a little tip: To get started with, create your company page with accurate description and begin interacting with other like minded groups. Get friends, employees, business partners to like and share your page to increase the reach.
- Write…Write… Write….Write…Learn it, Live it !! Develop writing skills, start writing articles, blogs about your services / products, lure people to follow you by publishing worthwhile articles like the one you are reading right now :). By investing hardly an hour a day, 90% marketers claim that their social media marketing efforts greatly increased their brand exposure. But beware, Simply having a social media page without regular activities won’t generate much business.
- Don’t over-do with your posts there is a big fat line between creating regular posts and creating a digital nuisance. 2-4 valuable info-graphic posts / Articles per week will be a delight to your readers. Bombarding readers with 5 articles per day on daily basis, you are sure to put them off !!
- Every social media profile you add and manage indirectly adds an additional back link to your website and every piece of article you publish is another opportunity to acquire a new customer.
- Improved Search Engine ranking : See it through eyes of the search engines, Social Media Websites hold a very good reputation. Though social media websites directly do not influence your search engine ranking, research shows that 58% marketers who have been using social media for a year or longer, see some improved rankings in the search engines.
- With increased visibility, your business gains more opportunities for conversion. Every post, article you publish may lead viewers to your website and increase the website traffic.
- As explained above, social media is a networking and communicating platform. Creating a voice for your brand, visitors will have a personalized response rather than an automated message. Being able to acknowledge feedback & comments shows that you are attentive of your visitor’s needs to provide them a better experience.